ANNUAL PUBLIC NOTICE OF CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
OCR Guideline IV(O) requires recipients to annually issue public notification that all career and technical education opportunities will be offered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Several requirements encompass an acceptable notice.
This notification is to:
- Be made prior to the beginning of each school year.
- Advise students, parents/guardians, employees, and the general public of the policy of nondiscrimination.
- Contain an assurance that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in career and technical education programs.
- Be disseminated to communities of national origin minority persons with limited English language skills in their native language.
- Provide a brief summary of program offerings.
- Provide a brief summary of admissions criteria.
- Provide the name or title, office address and telephone number of the person(s) designated to coordinate Title IX, Section 504, and Age compliance.