Due to the generosity of a Lucas High School graduate who lives in our school district,a Sustaining Fund (Fund) or Foundation has been established to benefit the Lucas Local School District. The money in this Fund is being held by the Richland County Foundation.This Fund provides an opportunity for any interested person, business, corporation, organization, etc., to make a charitable tax deductible, 501 (c) (3), donation to benefit the school district. Donations may also be made through wills or estates.
- The purposes of the Sustaining Fund are to:
- Benefit all students enrolled in Lucas Schools.
- Strengthen Lucas Schools by funding programs which ensure excellence in the classroom.
- Build a supplementary, non-tax base of financial support for Lucas Schools.
- Create new resources for enrichment activities for all Lucas students.
- Establish a closer tie between the community and Lucas Schools.
- Establish creative partnerships between Fund donors and Lucas Schools.
- Provide additional academic related support to teachers and students.
- Provide a vehicle for Lucas Alumni to be involved with Lucas Schools.
- Enhance Lucas Schools to attract businesses and people to locate in the Lucas School District.
- Provide financial support for the longevity of the school district.
The Fund will be governed by a Board of Governors of the Lucas Local Schools Sustaining Fund. These nine dedicated Lucas residents will make decisions concerning how the Fund is used to promote the above stated purposes of the Fund. The Fund is not governed by the local Board of Education or school personnel.
The Richland County Foundation invests Fund money and gives final approval for the disbursement of any money from the Fund. The Fund is established via a legal document. The Board of Governors of the Fund is seeking donors to build the principal in the Fund so that the educational projects may be funded by the interest earned. Charitable tax-deductible donations may be sent to:
Richland County Foundation
% Lucas Schools Sustaining Fund
181 South Main Street
Mansfield, Ohio 44902
Make checks payable to the Lucas Schools Sustaining Fund.