Lucas Local Schools strives to promote not only high quality education at all times. Part of high quality education is the focus on health and safety measures within our schools. The district works with a variety of community partners, such as the Mid-Ohio Educational Service Center and Richland Public health. The links on this page provide information related to the continuity of services and efforts to promote in-person instruction in our schools. While in some incidences, a plan for blended or even remote instruction may be necessary, our goal remains to have students in school on a daily basis.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our staff has continued to monitor student needs both academically and socially and emotionally. We have developed an Extended Learning plan address the needs that have developed. The plan was created based on collaborative input from parents and staff.
While many of these items within our Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan have been previously implemented, they still remain relevant as we move into the future. We also understand the need to continuously monitor and update our plans as needed. We welcome the input from our community stakeholders throughout this ongoing process. Any additional information that is developed will be provided on this page.
- Link to Richland County Restart
- Link to Lucas Restart
- Link to Extended Learning
- Link to Richland Current quarantine
- Link to Parent Update 8-6-21 (back to school info)
- Link to COVID-19 Fact Sheet K-12 Exposure and Quarantine
- Link to COVID-19 Fact Sheet K-12 Exposure and Quarantine Flow Chart
- ESSER ARP - Local Use of Funds
- Parent Update 10-26-21 (New Quarantine and Masking Guidelines)
- Mask to Stay/Test to Play Option